- Testing according to § 64 LFBG
- Examination and evaluation of valuable components
- Contamination verification
- Marketability tests
- Microbiological examinations
- Demarcation certificates for dietary supplements and medicaments
- Expert opinions
In the interest of consumer safety, a large number of examinations is required in the food sector. We carry out all common examinations according to the food legislation for you such as
- nutritional values according to FIC
- contaminants (e.g. heavy metals, plasticiser, pyrrolizidine alkaloids, acrylamide, microbial contamination)
- sensory analysis
- assay of raw material
- dietary supplements (powder, pills, capsules)
- instant products
- baked goods
- tea and herbs
We also examine other valuable components in food than those mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact us. For methods which we do not have in our repertoire, we provide method development or method transfer. We regularly take part in ring trials for a wide variety of food matrices.
In addition to wet chemical analyses, we provide the following instrumental analyses in the food sector:
- High pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) – detector systems: DAD (UV), fluorescence, RI and LC-MS/MS
- Gas chromatography (HS) – detector systems: FID, ECD and MS
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry and atomic emission spectrometry (ICP-MS and ICP-OES), atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS)
- UV/VIS spectroscopy, FTIR spectroscopy, ion chromatography
We accomplish marketability tests, create free sales certificates and advise you on the labelling of your products. Our laboratory has many years of experience in the clarification of demarcation questions of dietary supplements, novel food and functional food to pharmaceuticals and is the right contact for you for expert opinions.
For official cross-checks in accordance with § 43 LFGB our experts are at your disposal at any time.